Wedding Sign In Idea




Wishing Tree

My best friend got married over the summer and wanted to have something different instead of the traditional sign in book that they have at most weddings. We had seen several trees on various sites that were nice but they were for the most part beyond the budget. So we went back to the drawing board. We both scoured the web for places that sold the tree and the prices can vary so I suggest you search thoroughly. If you want real wood(Manzanita) vs. synthetic it is up to you. I personally liked the malleability of the fake tree versus the real branches.

Since her colors were persimmon, silver and ivory we were lucky to find a quality silver tree. The next step was where I came in, what would we do for the tags? I of course had my Cricut primed and ready I just needed to figure out what patterns would work for the project. I decided to mix designs so that when the tags would hang there would be a whimsical effect because of the different shapes.

I used my Christmas and Storybook cartridges to get the shapes and some designs were tags already while others were not. I just hole punched the opening for the ribbon on the ones that needed it.

I am not much of a stamper and so the next part was one of the hardest for me. I picked up a stamp at the craft store that said “Wishes for You” I liked the simple sentiment and I think that it worked nicely for the project. Let me say that stamping on paper with any type of gloss is very difficult and there were many casualties to my tags. In the end I completed them and was left with deciding how to prepare them to be hung on the tree. I chose to use ribbon which could easily be tied to the branches instead of hooks but I think you can do this either way.

Finally all the pieces came together but I still was trying to figure out how we could get guests to write their messages. I went around to several sites on the web and I found some very cute sayings and directions. I mixed up several ideas and came up with the following. I think you can be as creative with it as you like but having some idea always help.
Here are my "directions." Did you think I would leave you without them?

(Date) We begin our journey as Mr. & Mrs.

We could surely use your advice and well wishes.

Share with us your wisdom about marriage, love & life.

Let us in on the secrets of being a loving husband, or a respectful wife.

Jot down a few words with insight we could use on our way.

Please don’t drape your wish on our tree without signing your name today.

Long after this day, whatever you pen we’re sure to treasure.

Sometimes in the future we will take your advice with…great measure!



I hope you find this a useful project I think it would even be cute to use for a baby or bridal shower idea as well. Maybe use it for all three!! Just change the tag styles, of course! Happy crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mojo Monday 246

Mojo 249

Mojo Monday 432