Mother's Day




Mother's Day is a great day to celebrate those special women in our lives who have provided love and support. So what better way to tell them you care by making them a little something special to go along with their tokens of love.

Here are three that I made this year. Each was created to match the personalities of the people who are going to be receiving them. I try to make them each a little different and special in their own way.

The first used a scroll background using my SCAL software and my Cricut. I chose to keep it simple with design but I still wanted to make them elegant. I loved the mint and pink coloring. I chalked the lettering because originally it was the same pink as the base card and I really wanted it to pop.


The second card was using Sentimentals cartridge. I embossed the teacups using my Sizzix texture boutique. I was in a color splash mood and decided to use a bold background for my tea set. I think the emnossing really enhances each piece without going over the top. I was tempted to color it more, but decided that the clean and simple look worked best.


The third card was made with the SCAL and I embellished it with the ribbon and flowers.I created the textured background using my Sizzix Texture Boutique. I am really loving the multiple uses of this! I was trying to appeal more to the recipient with this card. She enjoys the earthy colors and I wanted to give her something that would reflect that.




I hope you enjoyed the cards! Happy Mother's Day to all the women who have one of the toughest jobs out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mojo Monday 246

May Birthday Cards

Mojo Monday 432