A Little Bit Extra


Plain blank note cards are easily purchased for use at any occasion but why settle for just that? Sometimes you find them on clearance for less than the cost of a single card. I was pleasantly surprised with this find at my local Target a while back. Of course I think making a card personal is really just a way to show someone that you took the time to do something extra special for them. I had a stack of these very pretty red and gold designed cards and for the first few times I used them I just left them as is, which was great but I just thought they could be even better if I added something to them. So I went back into my trusty card box and decided I could do more with the ones I had left. Here are the designs I came up with.

Using my Storybook Cricut Cartridge I made several different bases. I used the “Birthday Girl” phrase as both a positive and negative image. I will admit that the negative was much harder to work with than the positive but it does have some really great results. So here are the finished products. Enjoy!

Shadow technique with a flower.

Glitter makes everything sparkle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mojo Monday 246

Mojo Monday 432

Mojo 249