Happy New Year....Two weeks later.



I guess I have been behind on my plans to post in the new year. It sort of coincides with this post about a holiday card.

I made this card as a gift for my BFF. With the economy the way it is I really thought a gift exchange would be too much. I suggested that we each craft each other a card instead. I of course gave her the option to buy one instead just in case she didn't have time to create one.

So I began thinking about what kind of card I would like to make. I really enjoyed the snowglobe card I made for my nieces and nephews, so I began to think. I wanted it to be special so I decided to try to make a Tri-fold card. This card was very enticing to me and I was up for the challenge. So I got to work.

I decided a bronze or gold cardstock would be my base. I pulled out my Martha Stewart Scoreboard and tried my hand at making the base using some scratch paper. I am glad that I did, because it took me a few tries before I was successful.

I used my Cricut Christmas Cheer and Speaking of Winter cartridges for this card. I wanted the characters in the globe image to represent us in some way especially now that we live so far apart. I decided two snowmen would do the trick. I of course embellished them with some liquid pearl and glitter to glam them up a bit. I added foam light stickers and a brad poinsettia.

In the end I felt really happy with the results. My card made on time for the holiday and my friend was very excited about it. Of course her card for me didn't arrive until New Years!

Hope you enjoy this craft! Check back for my Valentines cards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mojo Monday 246

Mojo Monday 432

Mojo 249