Welcome to 2016?? OMG where have I been??

Its been a long time since I have been on here, but I wanted to get back on my crafting track. I recently joined a group of lovely ladies who are superb crafters and I have been inspired to make some goals to get more of the crafting I was doing back in my life. So this post is just to show some of the items that I have recently made. I have started expanding my card making into some stamping which I used to shy away from because I thought I could never have a steady enough hand for it. So take a look and let me know what you think. If you lost your crafting way, lets find it together!

2016 Crafting Goals
52 cards
52 scrapbook pages(not sure where to even begin)
Getting more organized with my crafting supplies (where is it???)


So this Happy Birthday card has been on my mind for a long time.It was on my Pinterest board for a long time. First, I loved the Cuttlebug embossing folder, I searched high and low for it. I also loved the simplicty of of it. I was wrong about that. I couldn't figure out how to make the banners for this card. I was going to buy a Sizzix banner Thinlit from Stampin' Up, but I just couldn't invest in it because I wasn't sure if it was what I really needed. I also know I probably could have set up my Cricut to cut them but I wanted to avoid pulling it out of storage. So I again had to go out and try to find a way to get the look. I eventually shared this with my group and they told me there was a punch for that! I could not believe it was right under my nose(in the catalog) the entire time!! So I finally had all the puzzle pieces and voila I made two versions of this card! What do you think?

So this next card comes partially from a technique time with my group. I mentioned that they are users of all things Stampin' Up, right? Well as you know I am a user of any and everything I have laying around. Anyways we made the banner portion using a layering technique(I should probably have the actual name of products we used but I can't remember). I had the butterfly sitting in my Sizzix Dies that I cut box so I decided to add it. It looked a little plain so I added some Stickles to jazz it up and then some colored rhinestones. I used the Victoria embossing folder from Cuttlebug.(Did I mention how much I love embossing folders?). I put the butterfly using foam mounting so it makes it really pop.



This card is my pride and joy! Seriously I finally took what I consider the expensive plunge and bought the Stampin' Up products that I used to make this. So the Sunburst is a Thinlits Die and I just thought it was such a happy thing that I could use for many different style projects. The stamp set was actually a SU gift as part of their Sale-a-Bration it's called Sky's the Limit. I used some opal white Ranger Liquid Pearls to make the clouds pop. I used a shimmering yellow paper to make the sun a bit brighter. I also embossed it! I added the Cuttlebug dots folder.







This card was made using leftovers. I had cut the sentiment with my Cricut but never used it. I just embossed the paper using this Cuttlebug weave folder. I added some ribbon and embellished it with some pink rhinestones.





This Valentines card was again part of a technique time at my group. It actually was on a different base but I had an issue with getting red in on white cardstock so I had to carefully take the beautiful heart of and reset it onto this different embossed background. Luckily I had a heart one to use. I wished I had rounded the edges but I am actually happy with how this turned out.                  



These are the rest of my technique cards that I made with my group. I wish I could explain each one but I just want to share them with you. Thanks for stopping by!


Jessica












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mojo Monday 246

Mojo Monday 432

Mojo 249