Holiday Cards

With the holidays just around the corner there is plenty of card making to be done. This year I will be sending out some extra special cards that I made in the last couple of weeks. I think it really is a great way to show those special friends how much you care and appreciate them this year.

The first card I designed incorporated a 'winter wonderland' theme that works well for just about anyone. I liked the use of some craft foam snowflakes that I had tucked away in my embellishment box. They add a nice texture to the card and really pop. I also added some Ranger liquid pearl and glitter to the flakes to give them each a special look. I know I would be excited to receive a card like this.


I used some silver wire ribbon so that the bow would stay in place. Using my SCAL software I was able to cut out the lettering and finally I used a gel pen to complete the sentiment. I chose to try a glitter cardstock and a silver metallic to see which I preferred. I actually think that both were great choices.

The second design was really more of a test to see what I could make. I had some foam lights that I though I could possible hang from a tree but unfortunately they were too large for the card size I was working with. I started out with creating the 'Happy Holidays' lettering using my SCAL and the Loki font. I really love the H. I was happy with the simple string of lights that embellished the bottom of the card. I used glitter paper as the base and was very happy with the results. I decided to make the same card and change the sentiment to 'Merry Christmas' and again I used my SCAL and the Loki font.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mojo Monday 246

May Birthday Cards

Mojo Monday 432